Saturday, November 15, 2008

My introduction

I have been working on getting this blog ready now for a couple of weeks and decided I should write my first post to introduce myself.  I have been reading blogs for about six months and it has turned into quite a habit.  I had no idea how addictive it would become for me!  I find that I get inspired and motivated from reading other's blogs.  Sometimes they make me think, sometimes they make me cry, and sometimes they make me laugh.  After doing a lot of thinking lately, I came to realize that I have so many blessings in my life and thought it was time to start writing about them. I don't know if anyone else will ever read this blog, but it will be good for me to journal about all of the things in my life.  
I am a 36 year old wife and mother.  I am also a teacher, but have decided to be a full time stay at home mom since starting our family three years ago.  This blog will be about myself and my family, although because I am a private person, I will not be using any real names.  My H. (husband) is 39, my oldest daughter(dd1) is three and her sister (dd2) is 22 months old.  I am a busy mom of two beautiful little girls who both have some special needs.  My dd1 is adopted and my dd2 is biological, but my heart sees no difference between the two.  I myself am adopted, so I have an interesting perspective as both an adoptee and as an adoptive mother.  In the past ten years, I have fallen in love, gotten married, got a full time teaching job, H. and I bought a house (before the market got crazy-yay!), I dealt with a serious illness that was later diagnosed as ulcerative colitis, I dealt with infertility and subsequent treatments, H. and I became licensed to adopt and then adopted a four month old little girl, I shockingly found myself pregnant three months after our daughter's adoption was finalized, I "found" and began building a friendship with my birth mother, I have learned a lot about PDD, sensory processing disorder, developmental delays, severe colic and reflux, and being a very busy mommy!  
I am passionate about my family, especially my children, my faith, breastfeeding, and attachment parenting. Some things I love doing are cooking, baking, reading, crafting, journaling, and organizing.  I don't get to do all of those things much anymore, but I do what I can when my crazy life allows it.  
I recently made the decision to start every day with an optimistic attitude that each day will be a "glass- half- full" kind of day.  Some days I am more successful with that attitude than others, but I am trying my best every day.  

No comments: